plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have a prohibited steps order in place to protect my son

Customer Question

I have a prohibited steps order in place to protect my son and myself it says on the order that my ex partner father of my son can not remove nor attempt to remove my son from the care and control of myself it also states A) He shall not molest,threaten, harass or pester the applicant myself B) Communicate with her in anyway and C) enter, attempt to enter or come within a 500 meter radius of my house. On Saturday evening he was sat in a car outside my house I contacted the police and they have said because there is no power of arrest with the prohibited steps order there isnt anything they can do and to just document anything that does happen. In my eyes because it says he shouldnt come within a 500 meter radius of my house he has breached this and surely there most be something that can be done to protect myself an my son from him.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: when this went to court six years ago he never attended and the prohibited steps order was put in place.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: uk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing the question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Can you clarify - the PSO was made 6 years ago?

How old is your son?

Was there also a non-molestation order made at the time?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2013 it was made my son is six. No this was the only order made.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His father has never had contact with him and is not on the birth certificate and has no parental rights.
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

OK. If the father of your son has turned up outside your house and is behaving in a a manner that you find threatening, you could consider applying to the family court for a non-molestation order. The fact you have reported this to the police, even though it was NFA - supports the fact you are telling the truth here.

The non-mol order carries a power of arrest.

The form to apply is here and there is no fee to do this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-fl401-application-for-a-non-molestation-order-occupation-order

I hope this clarifies things for you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Just a quick message to check that you received my reply earlier?

Can I clarify anything?

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 months ago.

I hope you found my advice helpful. I'd really appreciate you taking a second to provide a 5 star rating for me (top right of your screen) as without this I won't be credited for responding to you.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 months ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter