Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am single parent to a 10 year old who has private school

Customer Question

i am single parent to a 10 year old who has private school fees. How do i structure my will? Do i specify his care arrangements as he has contact with his father. Can I specify an age as to when he receives the inheritence?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm who do you want as beneficiaries?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is the role of beneficiaries?

Beneficiaries are individuals who benefit from the will.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just my son

Hi, thank you for your message. You can set up a childrens trust where you name a minimum of 2 trustees who will oversee the trust and be responsible for distributing the trust funds at an age that you specify. The father will have priority over any guardians that you may appoint in the will due to parental responsibility. You can specify his arrangements in a letter of wishes within the will.

I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
father will have priority legally in regards ***** ***** the primary carer? If so in my will i can allocate all my assets to a trust where i appoint trustees who will distribute the money at the age I specify?
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today