How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36683
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My boyfriends ex partner is trying to stop me from seeing

This answer was rated:

My boyfriends ex partner is trying to stop me from seeing their children. The children are 2, (3 on 21 st Feb)
And 5 (6 on the 17th March)
Me and my partner have been together since 6th August 2018, we started off as an affair - wrong I know but we all make mistakes.. and officially got together about 1 year ago - moved in together on 22nd December just gone.
She stopped me from the moment she found out We were living together because she didn't like me and thought she could stop me just because she wanted too... then 7 weeks I had enough of going out my own home when my partner had the children (because I was trying to respect her and do the right thing ultimately) so on Saturday evening she messaged him saying is he having the children Sunday which he was asleep and so I replied, saying yes, of course not telling her it wasn't him. I will send the messages over. But now is saying she is going to stop him seeing the children and not allow them to come here to the house, it's really affected our relationship because now he blames me that he can't see the children and we have not spoke for days, whether we end our relationship or not I need to know our legal rights and whether she can do this because she's wants too and play the victim saying I'm a psychopath and that I am a danger to her children.. baring in mind I work in a nursery- have done for several years - and have a DBS.
Is there a court order in place
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No nothing

Let me see if I can help and please rate five stars. The simple thing is that if they were married or his name was on the birth certificate then he has parental responsibility. This means that when he sees the children it is for him to determine who spends time with the children. She can not oppose this. If she does then he may wish to get a court order - a child arrangements order which determines the time he spends with them without her interfering. I have to help attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

please rate five stars

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she doesn't have a legal leg to stand on?

That’s right. Please rate 5 stars

Please remember to rate five stars so that I can close this question. Thanks . A Yes or Ok is just fine

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you