plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Need help with legal aid. I cannot supply evidence of

Need help with legal aid. I cannot supply evidence of domestic abuse. I am in receipt of universal credit.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

When you are saying you cannot provide evidence, is this because there was no domestic abuse or simply that it is one person's word against the other's?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. There is no physical evidence or abuse. My ex was recording me for months and put a tracking device on me for my whereabouts, driving me to and from work I have been controlled and emotionally abused. He has passed these recordings onto 3rd parties and I have witnesses to the controlling behaviour.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Of abuse..That meant to say

This is enough to obtain a non-molestation order - which you can apply for in person for no cost. Once the court has made this order it may be simpler to qualify for legal aid for subsequent applications in court.

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for you advice. I have already filed a order for non molestation this will be discussed in my next court hearing next week. I’m worried repersenting myself to the court i don’t know if I have all the relevant paperwork I’m very nervous I’m fighting for my children

Of course and I understand.

If you have specific questions I'll do my best to assist.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter