INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a barrister conducting a case in Australia seeking

Customer Question

I am a barrister conducting a case in Australia seeking departure Order pursuant to s 117(7B)(1) of the Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: The Court has asked me for any authorities that define the term, "ample opportunity for employment" is assessing the payers ability to pay child support. We have no authorities in the Australian family Law Jurisdiction. Are there any cases in the UK that have grappled with what is "ample opportunity for employment" in child support cases?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I am in Australia
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No unless he wants a copy of the section to which I am referring
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your query. Have you checked on: www.bailii.org

It is a portal for reported cases in England and Wales. It may have what you are looking for.

I would try to assist but you would be better placed to search for the type of case as you would be more familiar with the matter.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.