plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My wife wants to divorce me. I am not cheating. No bad

My wife wants to divorce me. I am not cheating. No bad habit. I want to save my marriage. Need guidance.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: she has filed papers it seems. I am still pleading her not to do it. married 17 years 2 kids 12 and 5
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I want to save my marriage not agree on divorce terms. So once I get notice from her, I want her to be open to counselling etc before taking such a drastic step.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What reason is she giving for wanting to divorce, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello Peter, I haven’t received anything formal yet. But after 17 years and 2 kids thinks she has given me enough chances to improve and I have not. So she has had enough of me. There is no one else in her life. I have not cheated on her ever. We are not sleeping in the same bed And perhaps this email service is not the best to discuss this. Is it possible to arrange a call?
Tapan

Thanks for the call request. I have a couple of other things to attend to before I get to your call - so I envisage calling around 6.25pm if that is convenient?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Peter, I need to catch my train. Would be it more easy to talk tomorrow around 9:00 am? Or 11 am? - Tapan

What time is your train? I can do 9am tomorrow but I can see if I can juggle the next half an hour or so to fit this in now for you...

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can talk now. Please call.

Good to talk to you.