Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

As a Father with parental responsibility what legal rights

As a Father with parental responsibility what legal rights do I have to see my son where there is no legal impediment to my having contact with him?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what are the relevant legal references please
Hi thank you for your message, so in essence the default is that contact and custody will be arranged in accordance with the best interests of the child as per for children act 1989. This generally means a default position of shared custody if that is not practically possible then overnight stays and contact will he arranged. Weekends should be shared between the parents on an alternative weekends basis. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.