plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

How am I going to get ex partner off mortgage when I haven't

How am I going to get ex partner off mortgage when I haven't a clue where he lives?

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing your question.

What have you tried so far to track him down?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Peter(funny that's the name of my ex). I'll be grateful of any help/advice.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've spoken to a previous friend of his, but he hasn't heard or seen him for ages.

OK - do you know where he works?

Are people that you know connected to him on social media?

Does he have family that you know of?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He's also not that sharp and will listen to his brothers. In other words make the signing harder.
I've looked for family on social media but can't find them. He seems to have disappeared.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm also not that well to do with money and don't have money to do live call. Sorry.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Maybe I'll try local citizens advice.

Please ignore the call request - it's automated.

My view is that there has to be a way to locate him, someone has to know where he is. You perhaps need to widen the search net - to include work, old acquaintances for example. Or if you know where his family live - pay a visit.

Ultimately you could go to court to have the paperwork signed but this application will cost you to make, sod it's better to locate him if at all possible.

Apologies for the typo "so" not "sod"!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you that's very helpful. Don't worry bout spelling I guessed what u meant.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He's only ever made 1 repayment to the mortgage anyway. Mortgage people know this as well.

Happy to assist - best of luck in resolving this.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter