SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I'm in the process of divorce. I will start the online

Hi I'm in the process of divorce. I will start the online process today, we not living toghether since May 2019. Childs lives with me, when my ex prtner needs start to pay maintenance?? is this up to the end of the divorce process??

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Are you asking about maintenance for you or for the child?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
For the child I have 2 daugthers little is 7 years old and oldest is 18 and she is full time student

He should be paying child maintenance now.

If you and he cannot agree an amount between the two of you, then you will need to apply to the child maintenance service (CMS) for assistance. I would suggest contacting them immediately however, as they do not backdate payments, they assess only from the date you contact them going forward.

You will be able to discuss other marital finances during the divorce procedure if either one of you makes an application for a financial settlement.

You can contact the CMS here: https://childmaintenanceservice.direct.gov.uk/onlinerevive/public/contact-us-client

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ohh thanks a lot Great response

You're very welcome.

All the best.