SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My ex's new partner that has only met my children twice i

my ex's new partner that has only met my children twice i found out is now bathing my children he met her online i have never met the woman. what advise would you give?

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

How old are your children? Do they live with their father or are they spending time with him?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
he has access with conditions 7&8 both females. Im currently waiting for the court order to be stamped but he is already in breech and wants to take me back to court.

If he is in breach, why does he want to take you back to court?

Can your children bathe themselves?

How much contact does he have with the children?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Live with order
⦁ The children shall live with the Mother, SAMANTHA PEACOCKE

Contact order
⦁ SAMANTHA PEACOCKE must make sure that the children spend time or otherwise have contact with GEORGE ALBION as follows:

A. During term time

On a two weekly pattern, on the first week:

i. Tuesday after school until 7pm (commencing 21 January 2020) with the Father to collect the children from their respective schools;

ii. Thursday after school (commencing 23 January 2020) with the Father to collect the children from their respective schools until Monday morning with the Farther to drop the children off at school

On the second week:
⦁ Wednesday after school until 7pm (commencing 29 January 2020) with the Father to collect the children from their respective schools

Conditional Arrangements

The overnight contact as provided for in (ii) week one above is conditional upon the Father confirming that he shall be responsible for caring for the children should they fall ill or otherwise be unable to attend school during their time with him. In the event that the Father is unable to honour this commitment, contact in week 1 thereafter shall revert to:

i. Tuesday after school until 7pm;
ii. Friday after school until Monday for the school drop off.

B. During school holidays

⦁ For the first half of each half term with the children to be collected by the Father on the first Friday and returned to the Mother’s care for the second half of each half term (with handovers at 12 noon on Wednesdays);

⦁ For half of the Easter holidays with alternating Easter days;

⦁ From 5pm every Christmas Day until 8pm on 29 December;

⦁ In the absence of alternative agreement between the parties, for the first two weeks of the summer holidays and the fifth week of the summer holidays;

Conditional Arrangements

The summer holiday contact as provided for in (iv) above is conditional upon the Father confirming that he will be spending each day of his two week break with the children. In the event that the Father is unable to honour this commitment, all future summer holiday contact shall be in alternating one week blocks (with the children to spend the last week of the holidays with the Mother).

C. On Special Occasions

⦁ Irrespective of the arrangements as outlined, the children shall spend Father’s Day with the Father (from 12 noon - 6pm) and Mother’s Day with the Mother (from 12 noon - 6pm);

⦁ Irrespective of the arrangements as outlined, the children shall spend the Father’s birthday with the Father and the Mother’s birthday with the Mother (either for tea if it falls on a school day or between 12 noon - 6pm if it falls on a weekend).

he has not been collecting them himself from school the majority of the time he asks other people

the children are capable bathing themselves

How long has he known this woman he is allowing to bathe the children?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
less than 2 months

I presume she was not in the picture when the court proceedings were taking place?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
he introduced the children to her the following weekend after the final hearing
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the order is still yet to be stamped

I would suggest that you make a request to him, in writing, not to permit his new friend to bathe the children as it is inappropriate. He is the parent and if the children still need to be bathed, then he should do it, though at 7 and 8 I would suggest that they could probably adequately wash themselves for a couple of nights. You can, after all, oversee their bathing when they are in your care - as their mum.

If he doesn't comply with that, then I'd suggest that you return the matter to court so that this woman can be background checked. If he met her on the internet he has no way of knowing what her background is or why she is interested in bathing his children so soon into her relationship.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
yes thankyou i will write to him thankyou for your advice

You're very welcome.

Please take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how Just Answer know to credit me for assisting you today. Thank you.