Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

My ex is stopping me having access to our children and

My ex is stopping me having access to our children and leaving them with his parents. We had a verbal agreement that as and when I could I’d take the girls to school pick up feed them and drop back to his to stay. He isn’t sticking to this. Do I need to go to court to get access ?
JA: What steps has your ex taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing at all
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex live in?
Customer: We both live in Kent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can’t really talk now as out could I have a number to call when I’m home

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

You should tell your ex that you will apply for a Child Arrangements Order if the current contact arrangements are not working. The application for contact can be made on form C100 with a fee of £215.00 payable to HMCTS and submitted to your nearest family court

The court would however want to see that you have tried mediation first and if this fails or a party does not attend you can then file such an application.

I will send you a link for further information and where you can find a mediator.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That’s great thank you so much I had suggested mediation previously but he doesn’t seem bothered to re engage the children but I’ll ask again I’ll apply for the child arrangement order

Great and all the very best.

I would be grateful if you would give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit- I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Of course thanks again