How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1574
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My partner’s ex don’t allow him to see kids at all. He is

This answer was rated:

Hello, my partner’s ex don’t allow him to see kids at all. He is paying CSA for them 600£ per month and he can’t even see them. They don’t have court order. Is that legal that she is denying access to his kids??? Thank you
JA: What steps has your partner's ex taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your partner's ex live in?
Customer: Northamptonshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this for free

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.


How can I assist you with this?


Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, my partner’s ex doesn’t allow him to see kids. He is paying CSA 600£ per month for them and he can’t even see them. They don’t have court order or anything like that. Is that legal and she is denying him access to his kids???

It's not illegal.


If she is denying him contact and he has been unable to agree contact with her, his first course of action is to try mediation. He will need to attend at least a MIAM - mediation information assessment meeting before being able to apply to court for a child arrangements order to spend time with the children. If mediation is unsuccessful, the mediator will sign his application to court (a legal requirement) and he will then be able to apply to the courts.


Can I assist any further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you know how much roughly could be these courts costs, please?

The court fee for a child arrangements order application is £215, but if you are on a low income or benefits you may be entitled to fee remission.


If you need links to the forms, please let me know.


Kindly take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how Just Answer know to credit me for assisting you today. Thank you.

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you