How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3116
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I went to mediation to talk about getting visitation rights

This answer was rated:

Hi I went to mediation to talk about getting visitation rights for my son, 2 years ago. And I am now financially ready for court... Do I need to do mediation again before I start court proceedings??? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I'm in Luton England, I know we're the court is....
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you been seeing the child during this period of time?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I have not??

You will need to attend, at the very least, a MIAM - mediation information and assessment meeting - in order to get your application form to court signed by the mediator (a requirement before applying).

The previous mediation would only have been valid for four months.

Can I assist with anything further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No that's great thanks

You're very welcome.

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi sorry 1 more thing what's the name of the application form I need??

It's a C100, which you can find here:

You can also check if you are eligible to apply online here: