SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I went to mediation to talk about getting visitation rights

Hi I went to mediation to talk about getting visitation rights for my son, 2 years ago. And I am now financially ready for court... Do I need to do mediation again before I start court proceedings??? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I'm in Luton England, I know we're the court is....
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have you been seeing the child during this period of time?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I have not??

You will need to attend, at the very least, a MIAM - mediation information and assessment meeting - in order to get your application form to court signed by the mediator (a requirement before applying).

The previous mediation would only have been valid for four months.

Can I assist with anything further?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No that's great thanks

You're very welcome.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi sorry 1 more thing what's the name of the application form I need??

It's a C100, which you can find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/734888/C100_eng_0818.pdf

You can also check if you are eligible to apply online here: https://apply-to-court-about-child-arrangements.service.justice.gov.uk/?utm_source=formfinder