How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1838
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My ex-wife is informing me that she will stop me from seeing

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex-wife is informing me that she will stop me from seeing my son due to coronavirus.
I am entitled to see him one day a week by court order as well as governments lockdown allows divorced parents to continue their routine.
I don’t have a solicitor how can I contact to address this matter?

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Is there a court order in place for contact or is it by agreement between you and the mother?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it’s a court order in place not between us. It allows us to small changes if we both agree. But no she is lies to me that she is going isolate for 14days meanwhile she continues to travel between her and her sister mixing people form different homes.
I know she lies to me because initially she was trying to make some changes and when I suggested that if she is concerned I can agree to move this Saturday to next so I would see him 2 days next weekend and not this week.
Unfortunately she then started playing on my and making more problems and eventually said I will not see him for three weekends!
What can I do?

The first thing to do is obviously to try discussing it directly with the mother - by phone or however you normally communicate. If she doesn't agree to continue contact, your next step is to try with a mediator.

You can find a mediator in your area here:

The majority of mediators are currently working from home and can facilitate a phone conference with you and the mother to see if they can help you reach agreement.

You should also point out to the mother that the government guidance on contact between children and their parents is that this can continue - see here:

If the above all fail, your only option is to apply to the court for a variation of the order or for enforcement of the order.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi thank you I think I am clear now what steps to take. Thank you

You're welcome.


I hope it works out well for you.


Kindly take a moment to rate positively as that is how I am paid for the time spent assisting you today. Thank you!

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you