Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

How best to fill in a Form E1, under the current

How best to fill in a Form E1, under the current circumstances?

What is it that you want to know about this? What particular problem are you thinking about apart from the virus because I need to know how you think that’s going to affect your form.

Are you thinking of income which may be possibly zero at the moment?

When does the form have to be submitted for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It has to be submitted tomorrow. I am not sure what to add, as my costs of living are low at the moment.

An occupation order has been made, and if or when I move out, shall I add any potential rental costs?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have no income at the moment, and no savings. My ex does. He also has the children living with him.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
(Only for the last 5 months, before that I was looking after our children full-time)

There are different ways of dealing with this.

If you have no income at present, then simply fill it in as it is at present.

The other side will then query it.

A lot depends on whether your income is going to go back to normal after the current lockdown.

Alternatively, write to the other side and ask them whether they want to wait to see how the financial situation changes over the course of the next few weeks, before you submit the form.

Personally, I would be inclined to fill it in exactly as the situation exists today because that is honestly what it is and let them query it and come back with queries and if necessary ask for updated information in a few weeks. You don’t how it’s going to change and although it couldn’t get worse, we don’t know when it’s going to get better.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The reason I ahve to submit it as soon as possible is that I did not work, as I was a homemaker (and my ex husband wanted me to stay at home) I need some financial support in the interim period, especially since he wants me to move out of the family home. He has also made an application to vary maintenance pending suit, as the children are with him. Unfortunately his solicitor can be very unreasonable, they made both of these orders one day before I went to court to try to get my arrears back.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should I add potential rental costs in the E1, or leave that for my statement before the occupation order hearing?