Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I received a Non-molestation and occupation order from my

Good morning,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I received a Non-molestation and occupation order from my wife's lawyer on the 12/03/2020 and the hearing coming up on the 07/04/2020, which I want to contest vigorously, unfortunately I'm a pensioner and I can't afford the fees lawyers are quoting for me. What do I do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Abbeywood, Greenwich council
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Court is East London Family court
Hi thanks for your message, you can either represent yourself or you can try to get help through a local law centre: https://www.lawcentres.org.uk/
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
As the hearing is coming up soon and everywhere is on lockdown due to coronavirus. What do I do?
Hi thanks for the message, well hearings are generally being moved to telephone hearings except for hearings of this type which are considered urgent. However, if you cannot get representation due to the lockdown you can contact the court and ask for an adjournment to a
later date. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.