ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My partner of some 6+years is currently in short term

Customer Question

My partner of some 6+years is currently in short term residential care, with his family insisting that he has to go into long term care. I am trying to get him back home in his own house. ``his family are going after deputyship, what can I do?
JA: Has your partner talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your partner live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: This is in the UK. My partner is considered to have limited mental capacity
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: He has had a DoLS placed on him, at least twice, not sure if it still is as the family won't tell me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is 9 years older than me,
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

I have read what you have written. Kindly state what is the difficulty that you are having with the arrangements that are in place?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am wanting to get my partner home as soon as possible after the cv19 lock down is eased. His family want to keep him in care despite me being able to care for him
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Which family member is applying for deputyship?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm in bed just been woken up by the text and have to work tomorrow
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Ok that is fine. I respond to customers when I get the chance.if you wish to discuss this further you may message at a later time and I will respond.