TK Legal
TK Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB, MCIArb
108614387

I received notification yesterday that my financial dispute

I received notification yesterday that my financial dispute hearing due in the first week of June is going ahead via telephone. How would that work as both parties would need to discuss in private and maybe at certain points speak to the judge privately? The slot given is only one hour, how would that be enough time to come to any agreement? Is the judge only dealing with my case during that time?

Hello dear!

Yes, the Judge is only going to deal with your matter within that hour. You can speak to the other party prior to the hearing. Contact details of all the parties will be emailed to court, so you would be able to call them on that number. The Judge is not going to talk to you privately unless there is any specific reason to do so. Both parties will be able to hear what other party has to say. What worries you most please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Understood. Not worried just not sure how it works. What happens if we cannot agree the terms within that hour? It’s very little time.

I understand. Normally what happens is that the Judge will give both parties' to reconsider their position after giving his/her indication and will call all the parties again either after lunch or at a fixed time.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the initial one hour is for both parties to say what they want and the judge will say what he or she thinks is realistic or fair and then if necessary there is still a chance to come back later in the day for another quick round to see if it can be finalised?

Yes, of course. If both parties are legally represented and come to a settlement, the lawyers will draft an order which will be sent to judge for approval and then signed by the parties. DocuSign on pdf is used most of the time in a remote hearing but parties can print and physically sign too.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything else for you today?

Thank you for the rating. Much appreciated.

Here is an interesting blog you can read:

https://blog.burges-salmon.com/post/102g7s3/remote-family-court-hearings-top-tips

For future information, please start your question with ‘For TK Legal’.

You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time.

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-tkabir/

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards, T.K.