Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Under the current lockdown laws, can I move myself and my

Under the current lockdown laws, can I move myself and my son into my parents house and stay with them until my son is back at school in June? They're over 60 and my mum is retired and dad is working from home. Would my ex be allowed to take him away for visitation?

Hi thank you for your message, you should not be moving home in the current circumstances. In relation to the other parent, children are allowed to go between two homes where the parents are separated as part of contact arrangements. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, sorry I should have explained. My ex is living with me at the moment but the situation has become difficult, which is why I want to move out temporarily. Would this be permitted under the circumstances or not?

Well, I think technically probably not but if you are going to live with your parents until the end of the lock down then you can probably just do it without any issues. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.