Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a disabled child (30yrs old) who is in a residential

Customer Question

I have a disabled child (30yrs old) who is in a residential home, he normally comes home at weekends, due to the covid19 he has been spelt isolating at his residential home. I haven’t seen him for nearly 12weeks. I had made plans to pick him up this Friday to come home until restrictionists are lifted. Now the local authorities have said if I take him out of his placement then they will remove him from it altogether. He has been living there for 22yrs, is there anything I can do about this. Many thanks Carol
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No they have just foned me and told me this now
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I haven’t a clue were to go from here, just to try n get some guidance. My sons residential is in Sunderland n I live in Newcastle
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if I can bring him home until the restrictions are lifted and for the adult social services not to withdraw his placement. I live on my own n I self isolate in order to protect him. I can offer him a salt environment as much as they do. They have said it’s because of the amount of money it costs for him to live there, £3000 a week. We are in a pandemic so surly there should be a little give n take. I just want my son to be able to come home.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Is this a privately run home or is this operated via the council?