How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2422
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My ex husband is controlling the children and stopping me

This answer was rated:

My ex husband is controlling the children and stopping me from contact when I have full care of them
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Went to court 2 years ago I was given full care and he has them every other weekend
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes what can I do ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. If there is a court order in place he must follow the order. A breach of the order is a serious offence and in worse cases can lead to imprisonment. I would advise that you remind him of the order. If he still does not abide by it you will need to bring the matter to court. I would advise that you find a solicitor in your area to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: you will be able to search by area and expertise. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen.
Joy Nicholas and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you