Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My ex husband is controlling the children and stopping me

My ex husband is controlling the children and stopping me from contact when I have full care of them
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Went to court 2 years ago I was given full care and he has them every other weekend
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes what can I do ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. If there is a court order in place he must follow the order. A breach of the order is a serious offence and in worse cases can lead to imprisonment. I would advise that you remind him of the order. If he still does not abide by it you will need to bring the matter to court. I would advise that you find a solicitor in your area to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk you will be able to search by area and expertise. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen.