How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4656
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I'm currently not working and was wondering if I could get

Customer Question

I'm currently not working and was wondering if I could get legal aid
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I havernt but could be taken to court by social services
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in barking and dagenham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's claims of sexual assault on my daughter by my husband (not her biological dad)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Have social services issued you with a PLO letter or invited you to a PLO meeting?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet but have advised my daughter needs to go stay with family. We are also being investigated by police on these alligations.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 1 year ago.

If the local authority do decide to start legal proceedings you will more than likely be entitled to legal aid and the information about such will be contained in the PLO letter that SOcial Services will send to you.

You can also check for yourself your likely entitlement by completing the online calculator here:

With regards ***** ***** police investigation you will be entitled to a duty solicitor at interview - so make sure you ask for one.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 1 year ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?