Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I am applying for a Child Arrangement Order because me and

I am applying for a Child Arrangement Order because me and the other parent cannot agree travel arrangements when contact is made especially as we live near 200miles and need some legal advise on what to include in my arrangement order based on my requirements

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas.I basically live in London, my child and other parent lives in Birmingham which is over 150 miles from me and takes about 3 hours to get to. I previous drove to Birmingham and spent weekends with my child as she is nearly 2 years old and didn't want to bring her down to London too soon. As you would expect this is costly as I have to drive there and book accommodation for multiple nights. So now she is older I have tried to work on bringing her to London to spend my time with her here. I attempted doing the trip last month which over 5 and near 6 hours round trip to pick her and insisted the drop off had to be partway which she begrudgingly agreed to. I have tried to suggest we practice either part way meetings going forward or I pick and she collects going forward but she says no to the idea. I tried mediation and this has not worked so I have got the form from mediator to proceed to court. Now I need more clarity on how to structure my requests based on expert advise. I already pay CMS for my daughter and we have no history of conflicts. I am hoping this paints a picture better and then I can give a better breakdown of what I am looking for out of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So what is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want more advise on what makes sense to request based on the form. Right now the issue is about travel but the online form covers things which I would certainly be concerned with like religion, school, travel or moving abroad. Should I apply including all that now or focus on the contact travel. Also can I get some advice based on family law if my requests for share contract effort fairly would be viewed favorably in court. Also anything I might need to be aware of before going to court.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The likelihood is that the court would split the travel - either with a meet at a half way point or for each of you to undertake one journey. This is normally how the court determine such arrangements. You would both have equal rights as to issues of schooling, religion and travel/health etc. I would in the C100 form seek the travel but also any other issues which you are concerned about. Best to get them all out in the open. I have to help attached a link to a great book who may assist - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

So that I can close this question, could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works.