RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I wonder if its possible for some help my daughter is due

Customer Question

I wonder if its possible for some help my daughter is due tonhave her baby in august and social services are going for a court order tomtake her baby girl as soon as its born any help i could recieve in trying to get my granddaughter
JA: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No baby not due till till 26th august
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Southampton can they just take the baby as soon as shes born
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need help please
Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Have you taken any steps so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just found out today she's got a meeting Monday but I don't want social services to take her and put her up for adoption
Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you. I will just write up my response to this now...

Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Firstly, you are going to want to get a lawyer involved to make an application to the court. You are also going to want to contact the social services and inform them of your desire to care for your grandchild. The good news for you is that courts always want to keep children with family wherever possible and it is not uncommon for grandparents to even adopt their own grandchild. It is not the case that SS will simply remove the child and put them up for adoption. So you need to instruct a solicitor and then also speak with SS and state you wish to care for the child. They will, of course, have to ensure that you are suitable for the role so please do bare with the process, there may also be "Rules" in place depending on the SS's concerns over the mother. However, I hope that you should be able to care for the child with all being well.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Many Thanks

Ross

Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Many Thanks

Ross