How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1053
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

I want to know some information about separation and living

This answer was rated:

Hi, I want to know some information about separation and living arrangements
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.Please go ahead and ask and give a little more detail.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I own the house on a mortgage with my ex however he left the family home in Oct 2017 and returned yesterday without notice or consent. I am feeling worried and stressed with him here , I have 4 children 2 are not his and they are feeling also stressed with his presence. I need to know what can I do to stop him living here please whilst we are in divorce process
Right now you both have the legal right to live there.If you feel concerned for your safety you should inform the police immediately.If it is simply creating a difficult environment and you want him to leave. The starting point is always to start discussing arrangements between yourselves. If an agreement cannot be reached.Unless there are safeguarding concerns the courts are unlikely to get involved and prefer that things be sorted amicably. You may need to enlist a mediator to hash out the arrangements.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I have applied for mediation but he hasn't responded to the invitation for appointment.He won't do anything in regards ***** ***** or divorce as long as he has to pay because is not in his interest. He wants to sell the house first, which I live but I cannot do that as I live with my 4 children and cannot afford a mortgage on my own.
May I ask what is happening in terms of living together after the final decree of the divorce? Does he still have the right to live in the same house with me?
As part of the divorce proceedings. You can also undertake financial proceedings which go towards splitting the marital assets. The split of these assets are so that all parties can move on with their lives. So the aim would be for the split to allow for him and you to live separately.
SS Legal Advisor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you