Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have recently been discharged from an MHU (diagnosed with

Customer Question

I have recently been discharged from an MHU (diagnosed with a bipolar disorder). The psychaitrist assigned to me at the MHU and the Community Practise Nurse are both insisting that I take 800mg of lithium everyday.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In West Sussex. MHU was in Chichester.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have refused to take the medication but the authorities are threatening to take my 8 year-old child into care if I don't capitulate.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am now perfectly sane and sensible and as a working actress cannot take lithium as it slows down my metabolism making me fat and lethargic.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to wait but this seems to be taking an age,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  plclegal replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you tell me what the medical justification for insisting that you take the medication is?

Expert:  plclegal replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I didn't hear from you. Can I assist you with this?

Expert:  plclegal replied 1 year ago.