How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My son has have walked out of the family home due to

This answer was rated:

my son has have walked out of the family home due to relationship breakdown. and abuse from my partner.he has a biological son and 2 step sons he am caring for. What are his rights of access to y son seeing his biological son.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no it happens yesterday. The mother has just been to my house where my son is staying and started shouting abuse and stating he will never see his son again
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: he is staying with me in Northampton his partner is in wellingborough. Also the house they live in is going to be reposed shortly. Can he go and bring his biological son to stay at my house me him
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son wants his biological son to move in with him before the balifs evict the family

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Both parents have equal rights and responsibilities to the children. As such he can should he wish go and collect the children and bring them to yours. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 satrs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does he need to inform the mother he is going or can he just go and take his son

It is really up to him. But he is not in law required to tell the mother - he might want to tell her once he has collected the child. I have attached a link to a book which may help going forward -

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once he has his son how do we commence custody proceedings

The book will help - but you would makes an application to the court on form C100 for a child arrangements order.

Please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very helpful

My pleasure - but can you please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you