How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2771
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

If I disagree with a timescale on divorce paper work, will

This answer was rated:

If I disagree with a timescale on divorce paper work, will it delay the process?

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help.

If you disagree with the time the person has put on the paperwork it would mean that the divorce becomes defended and the court will have to examine whether the reason given by the person applying is truthful. It would therefore make the divorce process slightly longer yes.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. My worry is that my husband has stated that the reason for divorce is that we have had a break down in marriage and have been living apart for 2 years. He has said that because he knows that 2 years is one of the options for divorce. I would like the reason to be adultery. We have been liveing apart for 21 months. Should I leave it as saying 2 years?

You could leave it as saying you two years. However, you may state in the form that the while you do not object to the divorce you object to the grounds. You may therefore say it is adultery and that the time of separation has been 21 months. The difficulty with alleging adultery is that you will have to prove that he had sexual intercourse with someone else, which is sometimes very difficult to prove.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you