How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2787
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I am going through a divorce but my ex won’t look after the

This answer was rated:

I am going through a divorce but my ex won’t look after the children 3 days a week so I can work also. Can I apply for half of his business
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: yes it is just the last paper that needs to be signed by myself and posted back that I am withholding until the matter is sorted
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: leicestershire uk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he was violent during the relationship

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The simple answer is yes. Any business interests and the value contained in them can generally be taken into account as one of the ‘matrimonial assets’ to be divided during your application for divorce.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best


ReadyLaw and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you