Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Myself and my children's father currently have a court order

Good evening,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Myself and my children's father currently have a court order for child contact. He is court ordered to have the children every other weekend and 50% of half terms. Therefore with this covid lockdown and his refusal to contribute financially at the moment I have said he has them one week and me the other and vice versa. He collected the children today as per the court order but when realised they were to stay with him for a week l, completely refused left the children on the doorstep screaming and shouting at them and causing them so much distress one of my children wet her pants....he even called the police. To which one watching the ring go doorbell footage was disgusted with his behaviour towards the children and supported my decision to not let them go with him. The children have blocked him on their phones and have requested to not see him anymore and they dont want to speak or see him again, which to be honest right now I cant say I blame them. We are due back in court on 7th July. Due to him breaking the order already. Will I get in trouble for them not calling or having contact given the circumstances?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We have a contact order and currently due back for enforcement order as the order has not been kept too already
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Bedford family court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think I've covered the basics. Thank you
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you contacted the courts about this recent matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not as yet as this only happened this evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plan on writing and emailing into them updating the current situation and how its changed since our last hearing. Explaining today's events and my reasons for why I have stopped the contact. The police agreed and supported my decision due to his behaviour and I have a copy of the incident report that I was going to send in also. Just want to ensure this is the correct procedure to follow and will an email update be sufficient enough or should I send a written copy also?
Hi, thank your message. I would advise that you apply for an emergency specific issue order to resolve the matter before a judge. You can contact your local court to explain the situation and they should guide you accordingly. Due to COVID19 it is likely that the hearing will be over the phone. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.