Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

In my position statement I described how I felt in relation

Customer Question

In my position statement I described how I felt in relation to my ex dominated threatened pressured etc-I’ve realises what IVe said equated to an allegation. The judge didn’t ask for any fact finding but moved on to contact arrangements. After I was concerned this might have an impact on my ex as he was angry. I found out that as this is a civil matter nothing would stick. However, I’ve just read an article that you can be found criminally guilty if you claim d v in a family court and after fact finding its deemed to be untrue. Is this true? In my case the judge has not ordered any fact finding.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your message, no I do not think you need to concern yourself about that especially as the judge did not order a fact finding exercise.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you that’s reassuring, if however the judge did order this would their be a possibility that Criminal proceedings could take place?

Realistically no. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will a court deal with holidays abroad at the same time as contact?
I’m not opposing a holiday abroad for my 5 turning 6 year old but I would want regular phone contact if possible.
I feel two weeks is the maximum time away that is fair. Would a judge authorise a longer period of time away? Longer than two weeks seeems an unfair period of time away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I was agreeable to my daughter having dual citizenship in Australia-does this pose any risk to me? What would you advise. I have suggested wait until she is older. I am being pressured to agree. Of course my concerns are taking her to Australia without my permission and/or not returning her.

Hi thank you for your message, yes they would likely deal with holidays abroad at the same time, in terms of a reasonable amount 2 weeks is generally considered reasonable. The court could award more but they would need convincing as I say 2 weeks is more common. Well it does not really pose a threat to you because your ex would need permission to take your daughter out of the country anyway. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.