How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8140
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Just wondering how much this service costs? Ok thank you I

This answer was rated:

Hi just wondering how much this service costs?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok thank you I think I'll wait until a bit later
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing right now, as it stands I'm just figuring out cutting off contact ideally so that my ex can have some sort of psychological assessment done. But not sure if that's possible or how I go about that
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Nothing right now, as it stands I'm just figuring out cutting off contact ideally so that my ex can have some sort of psychological assessment done. But not sure if that's possible or how I go about that I live in near London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm ok right now Need to get some sleep, thank you I will figure out what I need/want to know and call tomorrow sorry message tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel that I need to stop my ex husband having contact with our child for the time being as I feel that he is being manipulative and controlling to our son. He was recently arrested and part of the bail is that he cannot contact myself or my parents. I agreed with Police that he could speak to our son as I was hoping he would have got a shock with being arrested and changed his behaviour a little but he is still being manipulative. I'm just wondering if I can cut contact with my son's father ie block him without warning him as technically I shouldn't be in contact with him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safeguarding will contact me next week to see if they can support me in moving things forward but have thought that maybe I should be think about a non molestation order or something similar for going forward. Would that be the right way to go or do you have any other suggestions/advise

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How old is your son? How is he being manipulative and controlling? What contact does he have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies that I'm only responding now.He's 10
I have a new partner (my son has not met him yet) which my ex is not happy about (separated 4.5 years, 1 year divorced) Condition of bail is that he could speak to son but not myself or family. I had hoped that he would focus on positive conversations and not be talking about anything negative but he has been telling my son that he is not allowed to talk to him, he told my son about my boyfriend weeks ago (I had no idea he had told him I was trying to wait for a wait for a good time) and I think he's asked son to keep that secret so he could potentially get information about him) when I eventually told my son info had gone back to my ex very quickly. My son has started saying and getting upset saying that he wants us all to be living together to be a family. He has been telling my son that he is his only family. I believe my ex has mental health issues and he's telling son that he has no one else but him and that my son needs to protect him. He was arrested on Wednesday (for threats against new partner) bur yesterday told son it wasn't his fault that it happened and to be 10 mins later told me how sorry he was, that he'd get help and that he would take responsibility.Contact - due to covid19 contact had stopped but a few weeks ago it resumed so that he would stay with his Dad every Tue, Wed and Thur. He seems to think he will be seeing his son on Tuesday but because of the things he's been saying to my son I feel contact needs to totally stop at least for the moment until maybe he gets some mental health support. I haven't stopped the calls as of yet

My view is that direct contact could be stopped on the basis of the above concerns (primarily the arrest and allegations), and that you can continue to allow phone calls but state that these will be monitored due to the concerns about his presentation and the content of the recent calls.

If he strays into harmful territory then terminate the call.

I would also suggest that you advise him that he may need to apply to court for contact to be reinstated as you feel it needs professional input and guidance given your concerns.

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer.Legally can I just stop contact straight away until I can figure out how to move forward and to get some support.I cannot communicate with him because of the bail so difficult for me to tell him not to talk inappropriately with our son and to be honest he doesn't seem to understand what is/isn't appropriate.Melanie

If you have sufficient concerns, unless there is a court order in place (which I understand there is not) then you are operating within the law if you suspend contact.

I hope that assists.

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you