How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2422
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I need to know how I can take my ex to court regarding

This answer was rated:

Hi , I need to know how I can take my ex to court regarding getting some property back
JA: What steps has your ex taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have been to court for a non molestation order but that got dropped and was told we could email as had outstanding issues to resolve but she never did , she has agreed through a solicitor to give me my stuff back but I've not heard when , but I want my stuff now , also there is an issue that she owes me 10k aswell
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex live in?
Customer: Slough county court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Hi, thank you for your message. I would advise that you make a money claim online for the value of the property and any money she owes you. This is cheaper as you will not need a solicitor to do so. You can make a claim here:
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Joy Nicholas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I currently have a solicitor who has took a fair bit of money off of me by getting advice from a barrister, sending numerous letters and I have a letter from my ex's solicitor stating I can have my stuff but the last letter sent asking when I can get my stuff and 10k that is owed to me with a 7 day deadline has now passed by about 2 weeks, I just need to do something that is enforceable