plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My husband has a share in a paternship. Am I entitled to

hello . My husband has a share in a paternship. Am I entitled to anything on dirvoicing him. I jave no input into the business . And if I have done work I have been paid for it
JA: Where is your husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dorset
JA: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: nothing . Actually we are not getting dirvoiced. His is more concerned about his brothers wife
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

A business asset will be an asset that the court will take into account when assessing a fair division of all marital property.

So yes it will be something that a spouse could potentially have a share in.

Normally business assets are offset against personal assets to minimise disruption to the business in my experience, so the person with the share in the business would potentially keep it but perhaps then take a smaller share of the personal assets as a result.

I hope this assists?

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law