How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36777
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

If I am staying in the marital home after separation and

This answer was rated:

If I am staying in the marital home after separation and planning to start divorce proccedings and have financial settlement . Should I register my marital home rights of the house?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. This is something I would always recommend to protect your interests. So, yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I decided to not have ownership transferred to me during financial settlement?

Yes, even if that is the case. It protects your interests through the negotiations. Please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I need a lawyer for filling the form?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it better to do it through a lawyer or myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does is it worth the fee cost?

I always think it is better to instruct a solicitor as this is of course their area of expertise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much