Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I would like to ask if I can switch from a tax credit to a

I would like to ask if I can switch from a tax credit to a universal tax credit, because I am currently on a tax credit, which, however, does not pay me compensation for being unemployed for more than two months so I have to be on job seekeer
We are on a Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit
Wev have two kids. My husband is on this 80 % payment by the Goverment from his work, but I am OFF of my work more of two monts, so I have to be uninsured unemployed.
I have reseaved an aswer of Tax Credit about my changes that I am still on 40 hours work I and I think they have not got my P45 that I sent it them at first.So I did it one more time and that took a 2 weeks, but I am stil waiting .At the same time I have a problem to sort all my payments( rent, bank payments ,etc)
I really need to do something to get better my credit story.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Have you previously made any application for universal credit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

Ok, so thankfully I have some good advice for you. When you move over to universal credit, there is no going back and as UC encompasses every benefits you may be entailed to a bit more, however, you may be entitled to a bit less also! so if you make the application and you get less then you can't go back to what you were on previously thus putting you at a detriment.

However, the best thing you can do is enlist the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau. They have appointed benefits advisers who are experts in this matter. If you go to them with all your documents then they will be able to assess the situation for you. The Citizens Advice also have programme called QBC this will allow them to input all of your information and do an assessment on your individual situation without having to contact the DWP. This QBC system will also be able to highlight and identify any benefits you may be entitled to but are not qualifying at the moment. If you application is rejected then the CSA can help you with any mandatory reconsideration as well as potentially provide you with representation at a benefits tribunal should this become necessary.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Many Thanks

Ross