Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

If my husband has a foreign property under his dad name, he

If my husband has a foreign property under his dad name, he has been sending payment before and during our marriage. Can that be included in the financial settlement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Financial divorce settlement

Hi thank you for your message, if the property is not in his name then it would not be part of the financial settlement. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if he sent large sum of money abroad during our marriage for the property?

Yes I am afraid so, that may be considered a gift for example in any event if the property is not in his name and has not been recently transferred to avoid you getting a share of the property then it will not be possible to bring it into the financial proceedings. You can raise it and leave it to the judge but it will not work. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If he transferred a marital home to someone else to avoid me getting a share would that be allowed?

Well when was it transferred, during the marriage, when you separated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After separation

Hi thank you for your message, no that would not be allowed if it seems to the court that the house was transferred to avoid you getting your share which as it was after separation is likely. The court can undo the transfer in that instance. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you alot

Glad I could help, take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You too, thanks