How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4708
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My relationship with my sons ex has broken down and she is

This answer was rated:

Hello my relationship with my sons ex has broken down and she is refusing to allow me any contact with my grandchildren do I have any rights to see them?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in west London my grandchildren live in tower hamlets
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Does the father see the children?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you refund my £44 please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can still chat on line

The easiest way for you to gain contact is to advise your son to apply for a child arrangements order.

If he won't, or can't do that, for whatever reason, then you can make an application to the court yourself, however you will also need to check the relevant box on the application form to apply for permission to make the application as you do not have any rights to apply.

You need form C100 - and will need to attend a MIAM first - mediation information assessment meeting. The court will hear the application for permission first, and if permission is granted (it almost always is) they will then go on to hear the application for you to spend time with the children.

Please note that I do not have control over the site finances - when we are finished you can contact customer services and if you have been charged for a call they will be happy to assist you with that as you can tell them you received assistance online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you do I need to apply to my local court or theirs?

You need to apply to the family court closest to where the children live.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome.

I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to rate positively - thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your prompt response it’s been very helpful but I’ve had no response to my money being returned from customer service when this is dealt with I will leave a positive review for you
Kind regards

Unfortunately I have no control over the finances of the site so withholding a positive rating for what you state is very helpful assistance just means I am not paid for assisting you - I have no ability to get you a refund faster.

I'd suggest you call customer services rather than emailing. 0808(###) ###-####/p>

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do