SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My relationship with my sons ex has broken down and she is

Hello my relationship with my sons ex has broken down and she is refusing to allow me any contact with my grandchildren do I have any rights to see them?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in west London my grandchildren live in tower hamlets
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Does the father see the children?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you refund my £44 please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We can still chat on line

The easiest way for you to gain contact is to advise your son to apply for a child arrangements order.

If he won't, or can't do that, for whatever reason, then you can make an application to the court yourself, however you will also need to check the relevant box on the application form to apply for permission to make the application as you do not have any rights to apply.

You need form C100 - and will need to attend a MIAM first - mediation information assessment meeting. The court will hear the application for permission first, and if permission is granted (it almost always is) they will then go on to hear the application for you to spend time with the children.

Please note that I do not have control over the site finances - when we are finished you can contact customer services and if you have been charged for a call they will be happy to assist you with that as you can tell them you received assistance online.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you do I need to apply to my local court or theirs?

You need to apply to the family court closest to where the children live.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You're very welcome.

I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to rate positively - thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate your prompt response it’s been very helpful but I’ve had no response to my money being returned from customer service when this is dealt with I will leave a positive review for you

Unfortunately I have no control over the finances of the site so withholding a positive rating for what you state is very helpful assistance just means I am not paid for assisting you - I have no ability to get you a refund faster.

I'd suggest you call customer services rather than emailing. 0808(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will do