james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I would like to ask if the father don’t want register the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i would like to ask if the father don’t want register the baby under his name and he is not uk citizen where the mother is uk citizen what obligation on the father
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the father is not british, mother is british and father don’t wat to register the baby under his name as that may effect his employment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any request if the child born in uk to seek any information from the father embassy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is the paper of the baby goes to to father embassy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any information goes to the father’s work will cause his lost of his job immediately
Expert:  james bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hello I will assist today

The father cannot be forced to has his name on the register if he chooses not to, whether non British or indeed British.

You can register the birth yourself.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If the father register the child under his name with his mom ,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any paper of child goes to his emabassy or the child will be british for purpose of new passport for travel

The farther can register the baby under his name with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean if A person give his name for B baby is the father has to register the baby with his embassy or the child is british and no need for the father embassy to know

The babies birth is registered in the U.K.

if the father also wants to register or the law of his country says he must, then he could also register there as well if they allow that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean if the baby needs to have his passport to travel abroad is he british or follow his father

If baby is born here and you are British , then so will baby.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If the baby is born in Uk And his mom is british but his father is not ? Then ?

That does not matter. As long as one parent is British that is what counts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That what i mean if his father registered him , is the father needs to register his passport with his embassy or the baby is UK citizen and no impact on whatever his father nationalit
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to clarify if the baby born from british mom and non british father , and got his birth certificate signed by both , he will take the name from the father with no need of any father registration in the father’s embassy for the baby as the baby is british snd his passport is standalone document for him and father will not have any impact from nationalty of the baby
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is important to understand that as the father is he got the baby under his name may impact him badly so ,wether go his name to the baby or not ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please i need detailed answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks in advance please

The baby was born in the U.K., therefore must be registered here. If the father wants his name on the birth cert that is up to him.

what the father does after that is also up to him. But baby must be registered here.
Fathers name does not have to be on the birth registry in the UK

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok if he needs to make passport for the baby how?

I have fully answered your original question above.

The baby is British, you are British, therefore you can apply for a British passport.

If the father is not on the birth certificate it would be harder for his to apply for it for the baby, but you can. Unfortunately, the father cannot have it all his own way.
If the father wants a passport for the baby from his country where ever that is, he would need to do what is needed in that country

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean if the father doesn’t put his name in certificate for the baby , can the baby have passport from uk as his mom is british and if the father put his name the situation will change or the baby can have british passport in regards ***** ***** father as the want only put his name in the certificate and don’t want register passport from his country so it means only name for the baby

I am sorry if you don’t understand.

I have fully answered that. The baby was born here. You are British, therefore that makes the baby British and the Baby can have a British passport. In English law, it is not important what the father wants or does not want. The father can have his name on the Birth certificate if he wants it on, if he does not that is up to him. The reasons why he does not, have no relevance in English law.

Can I assist further, I understand this may be very worrying for you, and want to ensure you are happy in what to do.