How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5207
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My husband have been cheating on me. I know with who and I

This answer was rated:

My husband have been cheating on me. I know with who and I confronted her before and she sent me the police with verbal warning for harrassing her so left her alone.
Now, someone filled anonymous complain to social service nspcc against my kids. I'm sure it's her and my husband together who did it, because I got a copy of the complaint and it contains personal information only he knows.
Now I don't feel safe with him and I want divorce, but I need to prove it was him or her who made the online anonymous complaint.
Will the police help me investigate who did it? Because I was told it's extremely difficult to get the IP address of the computer who made the complaint even with the police!

Hello,I may assist today.

Unfortunately, the police will not give you that information, that would be confidential information and excluded from the freedom of information act.

It would however, not be required if you thought you needed it for a divorce.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I prove the extreme distress that affected my family with it? And even if the information mentioned in that complained is fabricated and it's truely malicious?

If he has been cheating on you, then you donot need to wait 2 years for a divorce, You can use them adultery clause to apply for a divorce.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I mean with all the impact on my family, the police still won't help me get the idendity of the online reporter? Even if I have a strong suspect!

Sorry no, they will not supply you that information. If you feel they are harassing you, then you could seek a harassment notice against the,.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here to help.

Can i assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid Justanswer, I won’t be paid for my time from their website if there is no rating left for me

james bruce and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you