james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My husband have been cheating on me. I know with who and I

My husband have been cheating on me. I know with who and I confronted her before and she sent me the police with verbal warning for harrassing her so left her alone.
Now, someone filled anonymous complain to social service nspcc against my kids. I'm sure it's her and my husband together who did it, because I got a copy of the complaint and it contains personal information only he knows.
Now I don't feel safe with him and I want divorce, but I need to prove it was him or her who made the online anonymous complaint.
Will the police help me investigate who did it? Because I was told it's extremely difficult to get the IP address of the computer who made the complaint even with the police!

Hello,I may assist today.

Unfortunately, the police will not give you that information, that would be confidential information and excluded from the freedom of information act.

It would however, not be required if you thought you needed it for a divorce.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even if I prove the extreme distress that affected my family with it? And even if the information mentioned in that complained is fabricated and it's truely malicious?

If he has been cheating on you, then you donot need to wait 2 years for a divorce, You can use them adultery clause to apply for a divorce.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I mean with all the impact on my family, the police still won't help me get the idendity of the online reporter? Even if I have a strong suspect!

Sorry no, they will not supply you that information. If you feel they are harassing you, then you could seek a harassment notice against the,.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Here to help.

Can i assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid Justanswer, I won’t be paid for my time from their website if there is no rating left for me