SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Is it illegal for me to block the mother of my child on my

Is it illegal for me to block the mother of my child on my phone?

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Can you explain what has happened?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again! Nothing happened been relatively calm, although she text me for an argument yesterday and asked i unblock her and said it was illegal, just checking fact

No, fortunately she's talking nonsense and you are entitled to block whoever you want from your phone.

However, as you have a child together, you should leave her another option of contacting you - for example a specific email address used for discussing the child arrangements.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has my landline, whatsapp and email ive not cut communication just asked her to leave me alone and blocked her from my mobile calls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sash

You're very welcome.