james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a divorce finance order For the ex family home to be

I have a divorce finance order For the ex family home to be marketed from March. The agent has been agreed together with the sales details but my ex is now saying that she Is not comfortable with sales viewings due to the situation with Covid desI understand the government
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We are divorce and have a finance order. The divorce went to finale hearing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The sales agents have advised my ex wife of all safety step that are put in place but she says she does not feel comfortable marketing the property because of the situation about viewings
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The court order is clear that the property must be marketed from March 2020

Hello I will assist.
Simply the marketing can go ahead and viewing are allowed to take place.
uour wife will have to stop be obstructive. Safety steps can be put in place, gloves and masks can be worn. Advance viewing notification can be given for example 24+48 hrs ahead. There is no reason why things cannot proceed. The government has legally lifted the restrictions on estate agents.

Hello I am just checking back with you to see if I can assist further.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks James for the clear advice. I cut and pasted it and forwarded it to my ex and it has seemed to sorted out the problem. After already paying thousands (more than £100,000) on legal fees she like me is fed up of fighting! Well I hope that's the case!