How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2797
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Briefly We need hekp my wife daughter and I have list where

This answer was rated:

Briefly We need hekp my wife daughter and I have list where we lived at my father's due to his behaviour towards my wife. We been staying at a friend's flat while they are away now we have nowhere
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: None yet we have no saving we have been on the council list for 3 yrs tomorrow we have Togo to the council they will want to put us in a hositle I assume
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's to much I spent time in hospital wive has had cancer and treatment still on going
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can anyone help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we get help please our all our documents are in his house we can not get into the house to get them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi over 3 hours ago I asked a question and paid money no on has contacted since then????

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Have you applied for accommodation via the council as yet? Where is it that you want to be able to access?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the documents we need are in my father's house where we where living. We went out his house last Friday as he got verbally abusive towards my wife again. Now he says if we go back to his place he will call the police

I am sorry to hear what has happened between your dad and yourselves.

Your dad really should not be holding on to your things, documents or otherwise. You do not however have the right to simply go into his house, you could be deemed to be a trespasser. To try to resolve this peacefully, what you could do is to visit your dads house with a friend or family member and ask for them to go into collect the items that he is holding. If that fails you may want to ask the police if they would accompany you there to collect the items.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.