NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

If I wanted to proceed with divorce what are the steps and

If I wanted to proceed with divorce what are the steps and when to apply for financial order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to pay all the courts fee myself the 550£ for divorce and 250£ for financial order?
Hi! I am Anu, a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
You can apply for a divorce online using the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorceYou will also need to submit a form A for the financial order. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-a-notice-of-intention-to-proceed-with-an-application-for-a-financial-orderYou will indeed need to pay the divorce fee of £550 and financial order fee of £255. However you may be able to recover these costs from your spouse.I hope this answers your query.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I submit them together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or the finacial order has to be after the divorce proceedings starts?
You can do it at the same time or once the divorce has been issued.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I recover the costs from my husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the divorce finalize before the finalization of financial order?
No. The court shall grant the decree nisi but the decree absolute will be granted once child arrangement and/or the financial elements have been dealt with. You will recover the costs once the final orders have been made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much