RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Two immigrants, wife sent a divorce petition, can I finish

Two immigrants, wife sent a divorce petition, can I finish the divorce back home ? It takes only a day back home

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Are you asking if you can go home and do the divorce proceedings there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im afraid the answer is no, if you ex has initiated divorce proceedings in the court then you will have to engage with them as the legal process has now been started and cannot be ignored. In the UK all matters have to be dealt with prior the divorce being granted (which is a good system) so I would advise instructing a solicitor (I will provide a link for you). You will require to deal with all assets including both your and your ex's pensions, any property savings etc prior to the divorce being granted, I'm, afraid that this is not usually a quick process.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received the divorce petition, I am to defend because it contains false allegations
I am asking , I can do the proceedings back home as we married on sharia law. What will happen to the proceedings here in that case? I understand we will continue the financial settlement and kids arranging here which is great. But I am looking to decrease the time and avoid the false allegations which r causing me stress

what allegations have been made?

You can still get a sharia law divorce in the UK, however, you can do this from abroad if you want to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unreasonable behavior
1-shouting and pushing
2-coercive control
3-not helping at home
4 not halping with kids
5- bringing my mother to visit !

Ok she is possibly making these allegations so that she doesn't have to wait the 2 year separation period for the divorce. However these allegations true or false, will not have any impact on what you are entitled to in the divorce so you don't need to worry about this. You will need to instruct a solicitor but you can deal with this from abroad. In the unlikely situation that you require to attend court then you would, of course, have to appear to this but you would have plenty of notice.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More than five stars

Thank you very much I wish you all the best moving forward. Stay safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I accept the divorce, that has nothing to do with my career, settlement, seeing the kids and finances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I have proof of domestic abuse from her side. Against me actually and was thinking of cross petition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My target is. To not affect my settlement, stay in contact with kids. And finish things quickly

No of these issues will affect the financial aspect of a divorce.