Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My eldest son 13 has moved to his dads during cocos 19 after

My eldest son 13 has moved to his dads during cocos 19 after a bit of a row. My divorce was messy, and myself and my ex are not amicable. My son is not answering any of my calls or messages. Is there anything I can do?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No. We had mediation when we got divorced and the children came to live with me. but my ex is still very bitter and there was domestic violence in the marriage
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Scarborough or york in North Yorkshire UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don’t think so

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can make a formal application to the court for a child arrangements order to formally spend time with your son. The court would expect you to attempt to mediate first (a MIAM), but if that didn't work then you could make an application on form C100 to spend time with your child. I have to help you further attached a link to a great book which explains the process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is mediation possible at this time? And because my son is a child can he refuse? I think he is just finding this whole covid 19 time difficult, we used to have such a good relationship. I think his dad is feeding him with lies, surely his dad should be helping him and his mum get their relationship back on track?

Hi my name is ***** ***** here to assist you. Please could advice if there was a child arrangement in place that was agreed between you and your ex during the divorce proceedings?

If there was agreed child arrangement you could seek to enforce through the courts. However if there was non, you could initiate mediation or also file for child arrangement in court. Considering his age CAFCASS I will be involved to determine his wishes and feelings. Usually if there is no evidence of harm Cafcass would recommend contact between your child and you. Should your child refuse contact, indirect contact will be recommended. You should file for child arrangement application at the family court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to cancel my phone call request
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve also emailed