james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My husband is asking for a divorce and says i should get a

Hello my name is***** husband is asking for a divorce and says i should get a letter through the door. We have a mortgage together. He says he wants no stress and doesn't want to fight for the house. where do I stand on this and do I need a solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I think Kettering
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband was caught texting someone else. Didn't speak to me for a week even though I tried. I kicked him out and within a week he was seen with another woman in a bungalow he had just moved into and then he moved in with her in her house and has been there ever since
Customer: My husband was caught texting someone else. Didn't speak to me for a week even though I tried. I kicked him out and within a week he was seen with another woman in a bungalow he had just moved into and then he moved in with her in her house and has been there ever since

Hello I may assist.

in the situation you have explained, you should be able to apply for a divorce on the grounds of adultery. You do not need to have the normal 2 year separation for this.
You wou”d need to start a petition to the court to commence divorce proceedings. Once you have your disi, you can complete a Form E, this is a financial form to help detail and split accesses by way of a financial order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so i will need a solicitor and not wait for his letter to come to divorce me

You can get a solicitor, or wait for his petition, or you can start the petition yourself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you for your help

You are welcome, here to assist anytime.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.