How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I would like abit of advice on a separation from my

This answer was rated:

Hi I would like abit of advice on a separation from my girlfriend mother to my children
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet, I have 1 son and she has the other. I’m trying every day to see my other son but all she wants is over night custody
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: manchester
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes pleas, we purchased a caravan for 43k I paid 10k to her account 10k dividend to my account from my company. I then transferred her the 10k from my account to hers. She took a personal loan out in her name for the rest. The wages I pay her every month cover the personal loan. Where do I stand? She doesn’t work but I pay her a wage every month.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I paid 4100 deposit from my personal account for it, the invoices for site fees are in both our names

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can immediately (if things aren't agreed) make an application to the court for a child arrangements order to see the child. You may also need to apply for confirmation you are the father and to be placed on the birth certificate if necessary. The correct court form is the C100. I have to help your also attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks what about the other issue

Why are you paying her a wage if she doesn't work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was my partner who I trusted, was paying her a wage so we could buy a mortgage in her name and not pay stamp duty costs, also pay for her car finance etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This also covered her personal loan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property we lived is is mine and was purchased approx 4-5 years before we met
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I’ve just paid £44 for a phone call and received the above about no solicitor is able to call and I’ve asked questions since to no reply

So what is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I stand? Because the payment came out of her bank does that make it hers or does it show that I have financial interest in it. She is basically trying to tell me it’s hers. When I have worked and basically paid for it all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s a static caravan and you do not get a log book etc?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Ultimately the court (should it come to that) would want to understand what your intentions were at the point when you bought the caravan and subsequently. The fact that the money came from her account certainly supports her having a legal interest in the caravan. That does not prevent you from having an interest in the caravan or the money that you gave to her at the tme. I would be minded to either write to her asking for a share in the value of the caravan or the return of the money. A solicitor would also be able to write such a letter. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I totally agree she has a legal interest in the caravan but in the court of law I’m entitled to something? Is that correct?

Yes if you can show your payments to her and that the intention was always that either you were the true owner or it was to be shared. I hope this helps and please rate 5 strs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I get my £44 back for my non existent phone call?

If you rate 5 stars for my help then customer service should refund the £44 as I did not accept the call.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you