How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8127
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Im in england. I separated from my wife. We started

This answer was rated:

Im in england. I separated from my wife. We started mediation and I filed a C-100 as she denies visitation. She filing a non-molestation and occupation order against me. I moved out, im still paying her mortgage and rent on my shared room to save money. She demands more money for her bills on the occupation order. What can I expect to pay for her? My net is 1400, i pay 300 for her, i promissed 250 child support, pay for my temporary place 500. If i court diciedes i have to pay for her bills as well i wont be able to rent any flat, as chepest studio flat with bills is around 900. Can court diecide to give money for her even if that leaves me strugiling?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

It would be unusual for you to be required to pay any money directly towards your wife with that income, over and above the child maintenance (which is required by law). You would not be expected to pay her maintenance, or her bills, or her mortgage.

I hope this assists?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The house is on our name jointly, thats why im still paying for the mortgage. Thats her base for requesting pay bills on a non molestation order.

I understand. Though you remain liable to the mortgage company should your wife not keep up with the payments under the mortgage, you are not going to be forced by the court to pay the mortgage if you are not living there.

My view is that your wife's claim has very little merit.

I hope that clarifies things?

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you