Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Have a question regarding a child support and my rights, No

Customer Question

Have a question regarding a child support and my rights
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No i just wanted to find out if i live in uk bot a citizen and the father does not live here is it even possible to start a legal action in uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Not
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its more finding out info and understand my rights
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what is your question?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Im a EU citizen based in London pre settled starus... raising alone a 9 y old child. His father lves in another country in eu were we are all from and is our nationality. We were never married, separated 4y ago after 8y together. we have half and half input into our sons wellbeing . But as I am raising him alone and i have no child support apart from the mutual input - i pay school, hes responsibilitie is or rent ... but plus my income is 1/4th of his ... can I officially claim some extra help from him trough uk laws and legal system?

Hi, thank you for your message. It will depend on which country he is in and the laws that apply. I would advise that you contact the child maintenance services who may be able to look into this further for you.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.